The Countdown

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Bow Down to Your Paint Prowess

It turns out that you interweberz know more about paint than I could have imagined. By a land slide, Humorous Green was the favorite for trim color.

I won't lie, that color wasn't even in my top 3 choices, seeing as it seemed too "sage-y" on first glance for my taste.  I am notorious for being indecisive when it comes to paint colors, so my instincts really can't be trusted.

I took a quick trip to the Sherwin Williams store in our neighborhood, grabbed all the swatches to actually physically hold them up to the block and siding on our site in the day light. And wouldn't you know it, Humorous Green DID actually look the best, looking a lot more "fresh"/less sage than I pictured from the poor computer swatches. Who knew??  You'll have to trust me on this one, the photos don't do the colors justice.


Week 12 - A mock up of the exterior paint, using crap online swatches. 
However, my MS Paint skills are improving drastically throughout this process.  Score.



Week 12 - Paint Swatches together.  Yeah, it still doesn't really help.

Thanks for your help guys, I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment